Does my nvidia card work on xpress 200 motherboard?

Chetubetcha07

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
Hey all,

I just purchased an Asrock hdtv twins motherboard with an Intel Pentium Extreme 840 cpu. The motherboard is an ati xpress 200 chipset. I have checked the motherboard cpu compatibility list on the asrock website and it is compatible with this cpu. I built my new setup and I put in my old evga 8600 gts. My problem is that when I power on the computer it doesn't seem to send a signal to my monitor. It doesn't beep like it would if the ram wasn't put in right. I've checked and made sure every thing was put together right. I was thinking whether it was because of my 8600 gts. The card worked perfectly fine with my older motherboard which was an asrock intel based conroe 1333 ddr667. Could this be a compatibility issue between my motherboard and videocard?

Well, I'd thought to ask the knowledge base here to see if anyone knew what is wrong.

Thank you.

Chetubetcha07

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
That's a problem because the mobo didn't come with an onboard vga slot so I can't access the bios because the monitor receives no signal. Thank you though.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Hmm... Ok. Assuming this is your motherboard [strike]is the the VGA HDTV card still installed[/strike]?

-Wolf queries

Edit:

Now that I'm awake and can see what we're dealing with here, I found this in the "quick installation guide"

2.5 Easy Multi Monitor Feature
This motherboard supports Multi Monitor upgrade. With the onboard VGA and the
external add-on PCI Express VGA card, you can easily enjoy the benefits of Multi
Monitor Feature. If you plan to enable the function of onboard VGA, please select
the option “Primary Graphics Adapter” of BIOS to [Onboard], and then install VGA
card and VGA card drivers to enjoy multi-monitors.

With this in mind, I'd recommend connecting the HDTV_VGA adapter to get into BIOS and make the necessary changes.

-Wolf sends