[SOLVED] Does my overclock mess with performance?

ted.gaiming

Prominent
May 5, 2018
I have an i5-7600K 3.8GHz but I believe it is factory overclocked to 4.17GHz (I haven't done it and it was bought brand new)
Should this not be enough performance for COD warzone? because right now my CPU usage is at 100% and my mouse input lags A LOT so it's unplayable and I'm guessing its because of my CPU since it seems to be the only thing struggling while I have the game running.

This is the only game this has happened in so far and my pc can run most new games at max settings and 60FPS at 1080P

Any recommendations on what I can do to try and fix it or do I have to buy a new CPU?

Rest of my system is:

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 8GB VRAM
RAM: 16GB DDR4 CORSAIR (2666MHz I think)
Motherboard: Asus prime Z270-A
PSU: unknown but I think its around 600W

Solution
If you tab the open game back to the taskbar and open task manager, do you see any high cru process applications open there?

I would consider a 7600K a touch behind the wave of pinnacle performance, but should still be well within the realm of very good still. Without knowing other factors I would consider things like heat, dust and such. If you are on a wireless mouse make sure your lag isn't a battery or distance/line of sight issue. Maybe make sure you have plenty of system RAM still available while the game is running.

Warzone is also online based, so your performance issues could be due to connection issues or latency on that end.

ted.gaiming

Prominent
May 5, 2018
What background apps are you running? Check that app and turn off the sliders to everything you don't actively need running .

Do you have a bunch of game loaders and things running at the same time?
All I had running in the background was discord. I also made sure that all my drivers were up to date and they are

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
If you tab the open game back to the taskbar and open task manager, do you see any high cru process applications open there?

I would consider a 7600K a touch behind the wave of pinnacle performance, but should still be well within the realm of very good still. Without knowing other factors I would consider things like heat, dust and such. If you are on a wireless mouse make sure your lag isn't a battery or distance/line of sight issue. Maybe make sure you have plenty of system RAM still available while the game is running.

Warzone is also online based, so your performance issues could be due to connection issues or latency on that end.

Solution

ted.gaiming

Prominent
May 5, 2018

My internet is very good and I have an ethernet cable for my PC, I'm running a wired mouse and while tabbed out of the game while I'm in a match and when I'm in the main menu it's using like 50-70% of my CPU. I removed all the loose dust in my system and temps should not be a problem from what I can tell but it does get a bit toasty.

D

Deleted member 1560910

Sounds like your CPU is bottle becking regardless how much you overclock. I think you need more threads. Are you running dual channel memory ?