Does my power supply enough for my new graphics card ?

Jul 24, 2018
Im going to buy a refurbished asus gtx 750 ti 2gb and i dk my old power supply Blue Wolf BW23-BTX-650W can support or not ?

CPU: intel pentium dual core e5700
New graphics card : refurbished asus gtx 750 ti
mobo: p5g41t-m lx
power supply:Blue Wolf BW23-BTX-650W

Let me know if my power supply cannot support , tq

Solution
From what I'm seeing on Lazada, it looks like your best option would be the 450w Corsair CXm unit. If that is too expensive, then I suggest looking on other sites that you can order from or going with the VS unit you picked out. Your options are limited and your budget makes it even more so.

For the card you're planning to run, the VS unit will work, as I said. It just isn't going to last a long, long time, like a better unit would.
650w is plenty. That card along with the rest of the system really only needs about 320w, if that. That brand of PSU however leaves much to be desired. I'd be surprised if that unit could supply half of it's rated power consistently.

I'll go out on a limb here and say, since clearly there will be no professional reviews or teardowns available for a unit like that, that it is not only a bad idea to trust your new graphics card with that unit, but that it might also be a dangerous gamble. I think I'd probably put that PSU alongside the likes of Diablotek, CiT or Ultra, and those are horrible, terrible power supply brands.

The fact that your GPU card will likely really only need about half of what that unit is apparently rated for though, might, maybe, leave you with enough room to get by safely. I'd be surprised if it holds up though.

Jul 24, 2018

so do you mean , my PSU is not suitable with my GPU card ? thn what should i get for PSU , btw my english not so good cant really understand what u're trying to say

I'm saying Blue Wolf is a bad brand. If it were me, or if you want ME to tell YOU what you should do, I say it would be a good idea to get a good power supply, because your current power supply is not good, and should not be used with an expensive graphics card or system, if you value those parts.

What country are you in and what kind of budget MIGHT you have to work with for a new power supply? If the answer is nothing, then I'd suggest maybe you don't want to get the graphics card either until you can afford a better power supply.

For you, knowing somewhat what is available in your region, I'd look for some units made by Corsair, Antec, EVGA, Seasonic (Better than almost all others), Super Flower or FSP.

Again, not all units by those companies are good, so when you find a model from one of them that you think might work and fits your budget, tell me the model and I'll tell you if it is any good or not. Or, if you can provide me with the website you will order from, I can look for what is good on there.

Jul 24, 2018

i found a corsair PSU at my local online shopping , Corsair VS450 VS Series 450 Watt Power Supply , the reviews are quite good .

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/corsair-vs450-vs-series-450-watt-power-supply-i218145806-s276490973.html?spm=a2o4k.searchlist.list.2.4e3f1384NYet4J&search=1

The reviews are wrong. The VS series uses low quality capacitors and will not have a long life when used with a gaming card, however, it is MILES better than the Blue Wolf unit you were planning to use so if that is your only choice, I'd say it's definitely an improvement. Better would be if you can find a Corsair CX or TX unit or any Seasonic unit that has enough capacity.

If you have to use the VS series unit, it will be ok but just don't expect it to last five years.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Problem with those reviews is they are personal, not professional. Personal reviews tend to emphasis that 'it works' after hooking it up, or had great shipping speeds, or good price etc. What you won't see is someone editing the review 3 years later after saying what a great deal they got and complaining it died on them suddenly, after bad voltage outputs ruined their gpu.

From what I'm seeing on Lazada, it looks like your best option would be the 450w Corsair CXm unit. If that is too expensive, then I suggest looking on other sites that you can order from or going with the VS unit you picked out. Your options are limited and your budget makes it even more so.

For the card you're planning to run, the VS unit will work, as I said. It just isn't going to last a long, long time, like a better unit would.

Solution