[SOLVED] Does my power supply have enough slots?

Apr 20, 2019
HI,
I am building a new pc build with an MSI b450 gaming pro carbon AC motherboard and a corsair vs 550 psu.

When I was plugging in the cpu slot, I found that there didn't seem to be enough CPU power slots for the motherboard. There is a 12 slot power output on the motherboard but from what I can see, there is only 8 pins power input on the PSU.
Does this matter or will I have to buy a new PSU with more CPU power output slots?

Thanks.

13thmonkey

Titan
There will be a cable, perhaps modular, that ends in either the 24pin mobo connector, or a 20+4pin mobo connector, it will fit the PSU. All of the pins you see on the PSU (except for the mains socket) are outputs, all of the pins on the mobo are inputs.

clutchc

Titan
Herald
I presume you are talking about the "headers" when you refer to the "power slots", yes? The PSU has a 24-pin connector for the 24-pin header on the motherboard. It has a 4+4 pin connector for the 8-pin CPU header on the motherboard. That board also has an extra 4-pin header for extra power which you PSU won't be able to provide. But it isn't needed.

Reactions: Louis84i

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS