[SOLVED] Does my power supply have enough slots?

Louis84i

Commendable
Apr 20, 2019
HI,
I am building a new pc build with an MSI b450 gaming pro carbon AC motherboard and a corsair vs 550 psu.

When I was plugging in the cpu slot, I found that there didn't seem to be enough CPU power slots for the motherboard. There is a 12 slot power output on the motherboard but from what I can see, there is only 8 pins power input on the PSU.
Does this matter or will I have to buy a new PSU with more CPU power output slots?

Thanks.

Solution
I presume you are talking about the "headers" when you refer to the "power slots", yes? The PSU has a 24-pin connector for the 24-pin header on the motherboard. It has a 4+4 pin connector for the 8-pin CPU header on the motherboard. That board also has an extra 4-pin header for extra power which you PSU won't be able to provide. But it isn't needed.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I presume you are talking about the "headers" when you refer to the "power slots", yes? The PSU has a 24-pin connector for the 24-pin header on the motherboard. It has a 4+4 pin connector for the 8-pin CPU header on the motherboard. That board also has an extra 4-pin header for extra power which you PSU won't be able to provide. But it isn't needed.

Reactions: Louis84i
Solution