Question does my size of motherboard matter

Mar 12, 2019
im very soon upgrading to a ryzen 2600 and i need a new motherboard. i think this one will be fin but does the size of it (micro-ATX) matter?
i have a normal tower pc which a atx would fit most likely.
thanks.

milo

Which "Normal Tower" do you have can you tell us the brand and model number?

For the AMD Ryzen 2600 it doesn't really matter what size the motherboard is that is much less important then the chipset and UEFI BIOS version of the motherboard. There are plenty of AMD Ryzen R5-2600 builds that use micro ATX and even the tiny ITX motherboards.

Ok you will need a new Motherboard, DDR4 RAM and a CPU. I'm going to recommend a mATX motherboard since you don't know what case you have now.
What parts will you be keeping from your old computer and moving over to the new compuer. Do you own the retail version of Windows 10 complete with the Product ID/Code if not you will need to buy that as well. What is your total budget and what country do you live in?

Mar 12, 2019
im looking for a decent mobo for my brand new amd Ryzen 5 2600 and i was going to get the asus prime b450m-a but heard its not very good because of the vram or something. im not very familiar with what it is. #
any mobo's people suggest under 75 $$

edit: im not to keen with overclocking as im not very familiar with how it works. maybe will overclock in the future tho