[SOLVED] Does new thermal paste help gpu temps?

so my gpu is a Power color rx 580 red dragon 8gb and after 50 seconds of using msi kombustor at 1080P it reaches 85C and it would keep going up if I dont stop the test.
and it reaches around 83C while playing games can go higher if its intense like a game like apex legends... should I replace thermal paste? and if so what would be that best thermal paste to use budget at most for thermal paste would be like 15 dollars maybe 20. any recommendations?

Solution
Replacing the paste helps....if the paste is the problem.

For instance....let's say that the real problem is that the temps in your case are too high because your case cooling isn't good enough......then replacing the thermal paste isn't going to help much.

Although, I don't think replacing the paste is going to hurt.

As far as what paste....a while back I did some research and I settled on Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut. It got good reviews. I've used it twice so far and it works for me.
Replacing the paste helps....if the paste is the problem.

For instance....let's say that the real problem is that the temps in your case are too high because your case cooling isn't good enough......then replacing the thermal paste isn't going to help much.

Although, I don't think replacing the paste is going to hurt.

As far as what paste....a while back I did some research and I settled on Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut. It got good reviews. I've used it twice so far and it works for me.

Solution