does not activating windows 10 create hardware issues?

MustardTiger2898

Honorable
Jan 5, 2017
Does not activating windows 10 create hardware issues? when i was playing watch dogs 2 at ultra settings my PC blue screened, its happened twice so far and some games and my browser run slower.

Do you have any overclocks?

Parts list(including PSU) or PC make and model?

Have you updated all your drivers? Right click on start and click on Device manager. Any ? or !?

Was this an upgrade or original build? AMD to Intel???

Have you seen

http://www.forceclaw.com/tweaks/watch-dogs-2-pc-crashes-errors-tweaks-bugs-stuttering-low-fps-lags-black-screen-performance-fixes-amd-nvidia

MustardTiger2898

Honorable
Jan 5, 2017

I dont think i have overclocked anything. I might of tweaked my mem clock and my boost clock in ASUS GPU tweakII. All my drivers are up to date. I did upgrade my PC to a new mobo, CPU and GPU. But the CPU went from a i7 4790k to a i7 6700k.

Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz
Skylake
RAM 16.0GB Dual-Channel )
Motherboard MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA
(LGA1151)
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce asus GTX 1080 strix
PSU Thermaltake
600W
Storage 1863GB Western Digital (SATA) 1863GB Seagate (SATA)

MustardTiger2898

Honorable
Jan 5, 2017

i just got this:
Crash Dump Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

No valid crash dumps have been found on your computer

MustardTiger2898

Honorable
Jan 5, 2017

both, the game freezes making a loud in game noise and then after 5-10 seconds it blue screens and restarts like nothing happened

Blue Screens come with information.

Follow these steps to disable the Automatically restart option:

In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.
Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section. ...
Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure, then click OK. ...
Restart the computer.

That is how you stop your PC from restarting. This allows the user to copy information(manually with a graphite transfer tool)necessary to diagnose the reason behind the BSOD. What does the BSOD say?

Does this happen every single time with WD2?

What exactly do you mean by tweak? Manipulating the clocks in ANY way can cause PC instability.

Why isn't 10 activated? Mind blowing to see a GTX 1080/ i7 6700K with an inactivated product.

MustardTiger2898

Honorable
Jan 5, 2017

what i meant by tweak is raise it a tad but i set it back to default. Its not activated because i made major hardware changes and when i went to re activate it it failed to do so. I am going to have to reinstall my windows. and yes it is mind blowing spent a lot in this and it acting up

MustardTiger2898

Honorable
Jan 5, 2017

I also don't want to do that it restarts so none of my hardware gets damaged

I also don't want to do that it restarts so none of my hardware gets damaged

That statement up there confused me. No clue...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change shows how to link your Windows with your Microsoft account. It used to be that changing the motherboard meant a new license. These days, that license can be linked to your account making hardware changes moot within your license. Should it still give you problems you can call Microsoft with your license key and your problem. This assumes the key is valid and legal. They can either perform a remote upgrade with your permission or activate it for you over the phone(most likely).

Do you use Windows' integrated magnifier https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/11542/windows-use-magnifier or any other assistive technologies to make Windows easier to use?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade is a free upgrade.

Colif

Win 11 Master

think its related to turning off win 10 after a system failure, the OP doesn't want to hurt system but since its hiding any error messages by restarting, I can see your point in wanting to do it.

Catch 22, the assistive tech upgrade is a good choice... still doesn't fix the problem at hand.

@OP its hard to tell if its a driver problem (the sound you get is drivers bugging out after a freeze) or the Graphics card since it freezes while you play games

After the restart or at any time you can visit your Event viewer and look for the exact time the failure happened. That may shed some light on the situation.

As far as the constipation is concerned you might be able to right click on the Win icon(Start) on the taskbar and click on system. click Advanced system settings on the left hand side of the resulting window, click on the Advanced tab of the System Properties window and finally click on Settings next to Startup and recovery.

PAH.png

and make sure the option for Write Debugging Information is Automatic Dump.

The aforementioned upgrades may set those options back to default so that it prepares the dump files like it should. Can't find a solution without information.

In addition to that I still haven't figured out how exactly your PC is crashing. You say Blue Screen. That means a lot. There are different ways it crashes. This could be a simple heat issue. IDK.

Sorry about not labeling my responses. This is for the OP but also explaining my actions to Colif.