does not detect all the RAM

Solution
A 32-bit OS can't use more than 4GB of memory. To do so, you have to use a 64-bit operating system.

You can't simply upgrade any 32-bit version of Windows to any 64-bit version of Windows. Instead, you must perform a full, clean install to change.

In your situation, the amount being indicated is normal. Part of the memory is also be allocated to your video adapter and system devices.

To use all 8GB of installed memory means changing your OS to a 64-bit version.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
A 32-bit OS can't use more than 4GB of memory. To do so, you have to use a 64-bit operating system.

You can't simply upgrade any 32-bit version of Windows to any 64-bit version of Windows. Instead, you must perform a full, clean install to change.

In your situation, the amount being indicated is normal. Part of the memory is also be allocated to your video adapter and system devices.

To use all 8GB of installed memory means changing your OS to a 64-bit version.

Solution
Jan 11, 2019

and I can change the system to 64 bits?

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Probably. What is the make/model of the laptop?

Assuming it is compatible, you'll need to install a 64-bit version of Windows. What version of Windows are you currently using?

Jan 11, 2019

I am using windows 7 home premium my laptop is a toshiba satellite L305

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Yes, it will run the 64-bit version of Windows 7. Since that laptop likely originally came with Vista, I assume you purchased Win 7 and installed it. Do you still have that Product Key (for Windows 7)? If so, you can use the same key to install the 64-bit version of Windows.

Keep in mind that this requires a full install of Windows. You'll have to reinstall all of your applications again afterward. Before starting this process, you'll need to save a copy of any files you want to save to another storage device.

You can get Win 7 directly from MS using your valid product key:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7