[SOLVED] Does Nvidia have an equivelant to AMD Virtual Super Resolution (VSR)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2012
I like using VSR with my RX 5600 XT to improve visual fidelity in games I play on a 1080p display. But I would also like to use something like that with my Nvidia RTX card. I don't see an option like VSR in the NCP, though. Do I have to use Geforce Experience to have access to that? I've been able to avoid using GFE up til now because it used to be problematic in the past.

Solution
I like using VSR with my RX 5600 XT to improve visual fidelity in games I play on a 1080p display. But I would also like to use something like that with my Nvidia RTX card. I don't see an option like VSR in the NCP, though. Do I have to use Geforce Experience to have access to that? I've been able to avoid using GFE up til now because it used to be problematic in the past.
Yes, its called Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) in the Nvidia Control Panel, at the 'Manage 3D Settings'.

Control Panel should be automatically installed alongside with Nvidia Driver, but if not you could get it in Microsoft Store on Windows 10. No Nvidia sign up required, so no problematic login glitch (I think that is your problem in the past).

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
Yes, its called Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) in the Nvidia Control Panel, at the 'Manage 3D Settings'.

Control Panel should be automatically installed alongside with Nvidia Driver, but if not you could get it in Microsoft Store on Windows 10. No Nvidia sign up required, so no problematic login glitch (I think that is your problem in the past).

Solution

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2012
Thank you. I wondered if that might not be it, but the options are simply multiples of my default rez. So, I had no idea how to play games in say... 1440p @ 1080p. If that makes any sense.
Also, is it always on, or like DSR, can I make my selection in the game settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.