Question Does OC edition mean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ncallstar

BANNED
Jun 7, 2022
That I can overclock it or it comes overclocked? I thought Ti meant I can overclock it..what is OC Editions ?

Ok so I can’t overlock Super only ti cards?
You can OC any card you want. However, overclocking does not really bring much to the table in modern cards, as they already come with robust boost clocks these days. You might gain a few FPS here or there but it comes at the cost of added power and heat...

Reactions: Ncallstar

Ncallstar

BANNED
Jun 7, 2022
You can OC any card you want. However, overclocking does not really bring much to the table in modern cards, as they already come with robust boost clocks these days. You might gain a few FPS here or there but it comes at the cost of added power and heat...
Ok one last thing what is so bad about zotac? They are so cheap?

Ncallstar

BANNED
Jun 7, 2022
Thanks man but do u recommend a decent gpu all I’m doing is playing def scrolls online so don’t need anything crazy currently x series mobo and 11400 with 750w psu. Tryna save some money

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
2060, 2060Ti, 2060Super are different cards in the same 2060 family. They all might use the same chip or some might use a downgraded 2070 chip, but are all above a 2050 and below a 2070 in performance. Those are factory nvidia numbers. OC, KO, Black, Gaming, X, Z, Amp, Amp Plus etc are not factory nvidia, those are belonging to the Vendor. So you can see a 2060Super OC or even a 2060Ti Super etc. That's just the name used by the Vendor to describe the card.

The description by the vendor is just a label. It may or may not have different clocks, higher power limits, custom pcb, reference pcb, etc. With MSI, you'd see a 2060Ti Ventus as bottom tier, a Ventus OC is slightly better, a Gaming X then Gaming X OC and 2060Ti Gaming Z is top of the line.

Has no bearing over whether you can or cannot OC it yourself, that's on you. It simply means it's got some kind of factory upgrade already.

Reactions: Ncallstar
Ok one last thing what is so bad about zotac? They are so cheap?
They are not bad, and they are definitely not cheap. They might be relatively a bit cheaper than, lets say Asus/Gigabyte/MSI/etc. depending on the region, but they are still a pretty reputable and reliable brand. I have been using Zotac cards for 10+yrs now without any issues. Having said that, there are a lot of cheap Chinese copies or knock offs that you may find here or there. If the price difference is significant, you have to investigate more about the authenticity of the product before buying it.

Thanks man but do u recommend a decent gpu all I’m doing is playing def scrolls online so don’t need anything crazy currently x series mobo and 11400 with 750w psu. Tryna save some money
If you mean Elder Scrolls, the system requirements are pretty nominal...

The Elder Scrolls Online Recommended Requirements
  • CPU: Intel® Core i5 2300 or AMD FX4350
  • CPU SPEED: Info
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: DirectX 11 compliant video card with 2 GB of RAM (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 or AMD Radeon HD 7850) or higher

Not sure what you mean by X series board, and 750w itself does not indicate anything about the quality of the product.

Last edited:

Ncallstar

BANNED
Jun 7, 2022
2060, 2060Ti, 2060Super are different cards in the same 2060 family. They all might use the same chip or some might use a downgraded 2070 chip, but are all above a 2050 and below a 2070 in performance. Those are factory nvidia numbers. OC, KO, Black, Gaming, X, Z, Amp, Amp Plus etc are not factory nvidia, those are belonging to the Vendor. So you can see a 2060Super OC or even a 2060Ti Super etc. That's just the name used by the Vendor to describe the card.

The description by the vendor is just a label. It may or may not have different clocks, higher power limits, custom pcb, reference pcb, etc. With MSI, you'd see a 2060Ti Ventus as bottom tier, a Ventus OC is slightly better, a Gaming X then Gaming X OC and 2060Ti Gaming Z is top of the line.

Has no bearing over whether you can or cannot OC it yourself, that's on you. It simply means it's got some kind of factory upgrade already.
I’m having a hard time deciding I’m thinking might as well get a ti since performance is so much better but I’m just playing eso :-/

Ncallstar

BANNED
Jun 7, 2022

How would something like Evga 2060 compare against 3050v. 2060 is more expensive but the 3050 is only from zotac they are always cheap

How would something like Evga 2060 compare against 3050v. 2060 is more expensive but the 3050 is only from zotac they are always cheap
The 2060 has a Passmark rating of 13,972.
The 3050 has a Passmark rating of 12,810.
https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

The 2060 is the better card with more Tensor and Ray Tracing cores...

The 3050 is still a fine card for 1080p gaming...
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/msi-geforce-rtx-3050-gaming-x/39.html
Zotac as a brand does not change anything in that equation.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Eso is highly cpu bound, especially with the add-ons. It's generally pretty easy on the gpu because it's 1080p base render, and not all that photo realistic. I was playing eso with a 3770k and gtx970 just fine, although that's somewhat improved now with a 3700x and 2070Super.

Upto you which card you purchase, but a 2060Ti and 2060Super are both worse than a 2070 in performance for instance, so the family is just as important, if not more so, than any particular version. There were times when one version like the 2060Ti was in such high demand that it was more expensive than the slightly older 2070. Release date plays a factor too.

Ncallstar

BANNED
Jun 7, 2022
Eso is highly cpu bound, especially with the add-ons. It's generally pretty easy on the gpu because it's 1080p base render, and not all that photo realistic. I was playing eso with a 3770k and gtx970 just fine, although that's somewhat improved now with a 3700x and 2070Super.

Upto you which card you purchase, but a 2060Ti and 2060Super are both worse than a 2070 in performance for instance, so the family is just as important, if not more so, than any particular version. There were times when one version like the 2060Ti was in such high demand that it was more expensive than the slightly older 2070. Release date plays a factor too.
Yeah you right about cpu but isn’t add ons reliant on gpu memory or is that mods? Either way eso isn’t very taxing may just put together a 1660 ti (even tho its same price as 3050 :(

and the 11400’seems fine on eso

Ncallstar

BANNED
Jun 7, 2022

I have this Corsair case I got years ago with a lot of stand offs do cases like this fit micro atx? How do I know if it will with the standoffs present

Here is a handy chart as to the relative capabilities of graphics cards:
https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/jv5aa9StChWoD95a7odQTD.png

Graphics card vendors bin their chips and use the better ones in factory overclocked versions
that they can sell for more. You may be able to OC more, but then again, perhaps not.
They try to differentiate by adding cosmetics and fancy coolers which also sell for more.
I do think you get fair value from a modest factory overclocked card.
If you need more performance, then buy a higher tier card in the first place.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The add-ons are papyrus script, as far as I can tell, it's just code to rearrange, change or overwrite the original code. There are some graphics add-ons, but it takes a script to actually change the instructions and boundaries of what was there already. It's all the additional scripts that bog a cpu, it's got to read and implement them all, on top of what's already there.

So if you see a pink longsword, the game reads all the physical dimensions, damage, collision of the original sword, then has to read the add-on and change the gray to pink. Does so every time you draw the sword, stow the sword etc. It adds up quick.

Eso can be very gpu taxing, depending on add-ons, like weather or cities or even grass detail and you are standing in an open field. Also take 4k DSR, toon upgrades, 4k,8k, 12k skin mapping into consideration as well. It kinda depends on the level of realism you introduce. Realistic water and lighting is brutal on a gpu. But looks fantastic.

As for standoffs, there's only a few atx cases that don't fit a mATX motherboard, the standoffs are located the same, except for the bottom 3. Test fit your motherboard first, make sure the standoffs line up with the holes for them on the mobo, remove any extra.

Status
Not open for further replies.