[SOLVED] does overclocking affect the lifespan of my gpu?

May 9, 2020
hey i recently bought a rx 5700 non xt and I was going to overclock but then i was like it wont do much so i didnt alot of overclocking
all i did was raise the power limit to 20% and raise my clock speed to 1750 to 1775 and mem clock from 1725 to 1800 mhz and i was wondering will that affect my lifespan of my gpu by alot? or even cause my gpu to be slower?
ryzen 5 2600
16 gb ram 3200 mhz
b450 a pro max msi
550 w corsair

Solution
Yes. Overclocking affects the lifespan of anything that is overclocked, especially if an increase in voltage is involved. The changes you have made, shouldn't make any long term difference though. They also probably don't affect performance much at all anyhow as the changes are too small to be very significant. Should be fine.
Yes. Overclocking affects the lifespan of anything that is overclocked, especially if an increase in voltage is involved. The changes you have made, shouldn't make any long term difference though. They also probably don't affect performance much at all anyhow as the changes are too small to be very significant. Should be fine.

Solution