[SOLVED] Does plugging in usbs affect power supply?

Apr 8, 2020
Does plugging in usbs to a plugged in gaming laptop affect its voltage distribution to hardware? such as to a graphics card? I use an
Asus gl503ge
intel i7-8750h
16gb ram
Geforce 1050ti
128gb ssd
1tb hdd

sometimes I worry voltage may not be enough and affect gpu performance because I'm plugging in a bunch of different things like a game controller, a laptop cooler, monitor and mouse. please be nice, i'm relatively new to this stuff lol

Solution
Does plugging in usbs to a plugged in gaming laptop affect its voltage distribution to hardware? such as to a graphics card? I use an
Asus gl503ge
intel i7-8750h
16gb ram
Geforce 1050ti
128gb ssd
1tb hdd

sometimes I worry voltage may not be enough and affect gpu performance because I'm plugging in a bunch of different things like a game controller, a laptop cooler, monitor and mouse. please be nice, i'm relatively new to this stuff lol

Game controller uses virtually no power - regardless of make/model - same with mouse and keyboard.

laptop cooler - the type with fans that go under the laptop? Depends on the number of fans... Cant imagine it being a massive power draw.

Monitor is USB? with no power connector? That would be...

Deicidium369

Permanantly banned.
BANNED
Mar 4, 2020
Asus gl503ge
intel i7-8750h
16gb ram
Geforce 1050ti
128gb ssd
1tb hdd

Game controller uses virtually no power - regardless of make/model - same with mouse and keyboard.

laptop cooler - the type with fans that go under the laptop? Depends on the number of fans... Cant imagine it being a massive power draw.

Monitor is USB? with no power connector? That would be the biggest power draw IF pulling power over USB.

Would not worry much about how your laptop distributes power to the components - if you are not having any issues then don't worry about it.

Solution
Apr 8, 2020

Monitor is USB? with no power connector? That would be the biggest power draw IF pulling power over USB.

Would not worry much about how your laptop distributes power to the components - if you are not having any issues then don't worry about it.
I use an HDMI cable for the monitor, power is connected to a power socket

I use two 140mm fans at around 1000 rpm for the laptop cooler