[SOLVED] Does power supply cord matter?

Aug 10, 2020
I assembled my new pc somewhere else and somehow lost the power supply cord of the psu while coming back. It's a cx650m, I can't find it. Can I use my old PC's cord? It's some weird chinese one and doesn't even mention the wattage of the psu, but it fits on this one, even though this looks tiny and the original one was bigger. Can I use this or is that dangerous/not suited? or should I buy a new one if yes which one?

Solution
I assembled my new pc somewhere else and somehow lost the power supply cord of the psu while coming back. It's a cx650m, I can't find it. Can I use my old PC's cord? It's some weird chinese one and doesn't even mention the wattage of the psu, but it fits on this one, even though this looks tiny and the original one was bigger. Can I use this or is that dangerous/not suited? or should I buy a new one if yes which one?
You can reuse the existing power supply cable if it is not physically damaged.

kanewolf

Titan
You can reuse the existing power supply cable if it is not physically damaged.

Solution