Does radiation affect my keyboard?

May 7, 2018
Hello,

The title explains my question. I will just give some extra info as well!
I bought a keyboard in Sydney and when I was travelling it went through the scanning machine. Since the scanning machine produces radiation. Will my keyboard be affected? (Razer Huntsman Elite)

Sorry for the short amount of info, in a rush!

Thanks!

kerberos_20

Distinguished
X-rays are a type of ionizing radiation, which means that the photons have enough energy to knock electrons out of the atoms they come into contact with, creating positively charged ions in the process.

In large doses, ionizing radiation can harm biological tissue by damaging cell DNA faster than it can be repaired. But electronics aren’t made of biological tissue and they don’t have any DNA to worry about. So can X-rays cause them damage? Not in any significant way, no.
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/can-airport-x-ray-scanners-damage-phone-laptop/

Mar 5, 2019
Hello,

The title explains my question. I will just give some extra info as well!
I bought a keyboard in Sydney and when I was travelling it went through the scanning machine. Since the scanning machine produces radiation. Will my keyboard be affected? (Razer Huntsman Elite)

Sorry for the short amount of info, in a rush!

Thanks!
you should not worry about your electronics being damaged by airport scanner because they actually be exposed to more background radiation while in flight then they will receive while passing through the scanner.