Does Ram speed come into consideration when OCing your CPU

pablo.cuervo10

Commendable
Jul 21, 2018
Hi everyone,

I'm currently running my Ryzen 5 1600X stable at 4.0Ghz (1.35V), I'm still going for a few more more prime95 runs, but so far it hasn't been able to get it past 73C°. So the thing is I was considering replacing my 2x8Gb 2400Mhz ram for 2x8Gb 3200Mhz, as I heard Ryzens do benefit a lot from faster mems, yet I've also read people stating that higher speed mems can make you CPU OC unstable, I'm guessing this is because of their higher latencies? anyway I wanted to know if that is so and I may have to turn voltage up a bit for using faster ram(if that is so I don't think I'll do it), I've no experience with fast mems as I rarely ever used them.

Solution
mainly it will jsut speed things up as having 3000+ ram does help (if you get good ram) like the CL 14 from gskill for ryzen.. as far as making it easier to OC it should not matter unless you are speeding up the ram as well then maybe..

Doctor Rob

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
mainly it will jsut speed things up as having 3000+ ram does help (if you get good ram) like the CL 14 from gskill for ryzen.. as far as making it easier to OC it should not matter unless you are speeding up the ram as well then maybe..

Solution