[SOLVED] Does ram speed matter in video editing?

Oct 17, 2020
Does working in single or dual channel making noticable performance in graphic work? I don't care about benchmark score but in real life situation. Sorry for my English but I hope you understand what I'm asking. Thank you in advance.

Solution
Memory "channels" are basically connectors from your RAM to your CPU. Running in dual channel mode doubles your memory bandwidth, or the amount of data that can be transferred per second. In other words, the amount of data that can travel from your ram to your cpu is measured in how many channels are active.

Dual channel is obviously going to perform better in all situations, so if you have the extra spend, I'd recommend it.

Flamebrander

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020
Memory "channels" are basically connectors from your RAM to your CPU. Running in dual channel mode doubles your memory bandwidth, or the amount of data that can be transferred per second. In other words, the amount of data that can travel from your ram to your cpu is measured in how many channels are active.

Dual channel is obviously going to perform better in all situations, so if you have the extra spend, I'd recommend it.

Solution