Does ram speed still affect an apu with a discrete graphics card?

LeDavvyy

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
So I have an a10-7870k and an Rx 460 as my discrete graphics however I have read that ram speed affects apu performance but I'm not sure if it would give the iGpu benefits or the CPU or both. If it gives benefits to the CPU I will definetly need to upgrade. Thanks:bounce:

Solution
1. If the monitor is connected to the Integrated Graphics, RAM size and speed should affect it...

2. if the monitor is connected to the PCIe Graphics card, the integrated graphics is disabled and not using up RAM memory. The APU is working like a regular CPU and it's using up all the RAM memory as the GPU has it's own RAM, all assigned to graphics... so in that sense and depending on the installed RAM size and speed, the APU/CPU would still benefit from a RAM upgrade.
1. If the monitor is connected to the Integrated Graphics, RAM size and speed should affect it...

2. if the monitor is connected to the PCIe Graphics card, the integrated graphics is disabled and not using up RAM memory. The APU is working like a regular CPU and it's using up all the RAM memory as the GPU has it's own RAM, all assigned to graphics... so in that sense and depending on the installed RAM size and speed, the APU/CPU would still benefit from a RAM upgrade.

Solution