[SOLVED] Does RGB on GPU even matter? (the fans face down)

May 11, 2020
I've been wanting to build a PC for a few years, and now I am trying to get all the parts together. I really like RGB and what it adds to your PC's aesthetics, however, the RGB lights on a GPU are normally around the fan but, ultimately, for the most effective cooling you put the gpu horizontal, fans facing down. The lights wouldn't be visible right? So what's the point? Should I buy RGB GPU or no?

If it matters, the GPU I am thinking of buying is the normal RTX 2060 Super

Solution
I've been wanting to build a PC for a few years, and now I am trying to get all the parts together. I really like RGB and what it adds to your PC's aesthetics, however, the RGB lights on a GPU are normally around the fan but, ultimately, for the most effective cooling you put the gpu horizontal, fans facing down. The lights wouldn't be visible right? So what's the point? Should I buy RGB GPU or no?

If its around the fan then no it usually points down, however it can add to the lighting effect of your case. Also many modern cases have vertical GPU mounts which will face the card outward and you will fully see it.

Its up to you, I couldn't care less...

If its around the fan then no it usually points down, however it can add to the lighting effect of your case. Also many modern cases have vertical GPU mounts which will face the card outward and you will fully see it.

Its up to you, I couldn't care less about RGB and its a secondary feature to me when compiling a parts list.

Reactions: Potatodood
Solution
May 11, 2020

Its up to you, I couldn't care less about RGB and its a secondary feature to me when compiling a parts list.

Thanks for the quick response, however, won't putting the gpu vertical affect the cooling?