[SOLVED] Does ROG RYUJIN II 240 works with ROG B450-F GAMING ll?

Feb 23, 2022
Pretty much the title. I'm interested in buying that AiO but I can't find a list of compatible motherboards so I prefer to ask to see if someone knows. I'll also be buying a LIAN LI Dynamic case to upgrade from my Azza Apollo 430.

Thanks.

Solution
I'd just about guarantee that the LCD display is smaller than the fan on that AMD cooler.

Besides which, while there is no "hard, fast" rule regarding the distance from the center of the CPU socket to the first DIMM slot, the distance does matter, because shorter termination lengths translate into less signal deterioration, so just about every board manufacturer tries to use the shortest distance while also allowing for a sufficient clearance for coolers. For ATX boards, that distance is so close between all models released in the last six or seven years that it would be extremely uncommon to find one that was significantly different enough from every other to say it was definably different. Besides which, it's unlikely ASUS would...
"Motherboards" aren't what you need to worry about being compatible with. Any modern motherboard from the last five to seven years will work with pretty much any AIO. It's the case you need to worry about.

The socket will be supported by that AIO as the AM4 socket has been common for all AMD based Ryzen platforms for the last five years or so, but it's fairly important to know if the case supports 240mm AIO coolers because not all cases do.

What is the model of your case?

Feb 23, 2022
"Motherboards" aren't what you need to worry about being compatible with. Any modern motherboard from the last five to seven years will work with pretty much any AIO. It's the case you need to worry about.

The socket will be supported by that AIO as the AM4 socket has been common for all AMD based Ryzen platforms for the last five years or so, but it's fairly important to know if the case supports 240mm AIO coolers because not all cases do.

What is the model of your case?

This would be the AIO: https://extremetechcr.com/tienda/componentes/7950-asus-rog-ryujin-ii-240-rgb-pantalla-lcd.html

As I wrote, I'm thinking on installing it on a LIAN LI Dynamic case. Specifically this one: https://extremetechcr.com/tienda/componentes/5471-lian-li-pc-o11-dynamic-negro.html

And I'm asking for motherboard compatibility mostly because I see that this one has the ram slots too close to the current fan which is a stock AMD cooler, so I'm trying to see if installing this AiO on this MOBO would be fine as it seems that the LCD screen/fan that covers the CPU looks kinda big.
Picture for reference: https://ibb.co/G9kM3VZ

Thanks for the help.

I'd just about guarantee that the LCD display is smaller than the fan on that AMD cooler.

Besides which, while there is no "hard, fast" rule regarding the distance from the center of the CPU socket to the first DIMM slot, the distance does matter, because shorter termination lengths translate into less signal deterioration, so just about every board manufacturer tries to use the shortest distance while also allowing for a sufficient clearance for coolers. For ATX boards, that distance is so close between all models released in the last six or seven years that it would be extremely uncommon to find one that was significantly different enough from every other to say it was definably different. Besides which, it's unlikely ASUS would shoot themselves in the foot by putting out an AIO with an inability to fit on what has been one of their most popular boards over the last five years.

My advice would be, just get it. If it doesn't fit, return it. I seriously doubt you'll have fitment problems though on an ATX board. On a microATX or ITX board, different story maybe.

Reactions: Copai1
Solution
Feb 23, 2022

Besides which, while there is no "hard, fast" rule regarding the distance from the center of the CPU socket to the first DIMM slot, the distance does matter, because shorter termination lengths translate into less signal deterioration, so just about every board manufacturer tries to use the shortest distance while also allowing for a sufficient clearance for coolers. For ATX boards, that distance is so close between all models released in the last six or seven years that it would be extremely uncommon to find one that was significantly different enough from every other to say it was definably different. Besides which, it's unlikely ASUS would shoot themselves in the foot by putting out an AIO with an inability to fit on what has been one of their most popular boards over the last five years.

My advice would be, just get it. If it doesn't fit, return it. I seriously doubt you'll have fitment problems though on an ATX board. On a microATX or ITX board, different story maybe.

Got it, thanks for the help