[SOLVED] Does RTX 2070 Super have a G sync inside it?

Ragnarous

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2013
Hi guys I have a HP OMEN 17 with an RTX 2070 Super. I use a display port and play on my DELL 2716DG, but unfortunately the monitor broke.
I'm looking to get a new monitor and my question is will my graphics card along with the monitor HP OMEN 25i be a match to enable G-SYNC? I heard that the monitor is G-Sync compatible and it does not host a G-Sync module inside of it so this means the card itself must enable G-Sync right?
Thank you

Solution
Thanx for the answer, but why would the HP OMEN 25i state that it is G-Sync compatible?
Can you please take a look at its specifications and explain to me? That would be highly appreciated! Thanx
G-Sync compatible is a version of G-Sync that is supported by Freesync monitors. There are higher tiers of G-Sync monitor that have a dedicated G-Sync modules but come at a price premium.

Ragnarous

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2013
To my knowledge the monitor must have a Gsync module for it to work. Doesn't matter what the card knows, the monitor has to know it as well.
Thanx for the answer, but why would the HP OMEN 25i state that it is G-Sync compatible?
Can you please take a look at its specifications and explain to me? That would be highly appreciated! Thanx

G-Sync compatible is a version of G-Sync that is supported by Freesync monitors. There are higher tiers of G-Sync monitor that have a dedicated G-Sync modules but come at a price premium.

Solution