[SOLVED] Does ryzen 3 3300x work with 3000mhz ram?

Janis1121123

Prominent
Jun 27, 2020
So i whant to build a pc and i whant to know if the ryzen 3 3300x works with msi b450m-a pro max and 3000mhz ram 2x8gb and rx 570 8gb i would love to know

Solution
But the 3000mhz ram works with both the cpu and mobo right and i cant get more im on tight budget
It should be fine performance wise. AMD Ryzen does though prefer fast memory and the performance differences can be quite drastic. I did some testing going from 2133 to 3200 and in some games it was like a 25 FPS differences. The games that didn't show much of a difference in average FPS had other issues as larger and more frequent FPS dips. 2133 was pretty often and like 20 FPS while 3200 was more stable and was only a few FPS on the dips when they rarely happened.

If the budget is maxed out then the 3000 should be fine, just wouldn't go slower then that.

WildCard999

Titan
But the 3000mhz ram works with both the cpu and mobo right and i cant get more im on tight budget
It should be fine performance wise. AMD Ryzen does though prefer fast memory and the performance differences can be quite drastic. I did some testing going from 2133 to 3200 and in some games it was like a 25 FPS differences. The games that didn't show much of a difference in average FPS had other issues as larger and more frequent FPS dips. 2133 was pretty often and like 20 FPS while 3200 was more stable and was only a few FPS on the dips when they rarely happened.

If the budget is maxed out then the 3000 should be fine, just wouldn't go slower then that.

Solution

Janis1121123

Prominent
Jun 27, 2020

Emm and do you also know if ballistix memory 16gb ddr4 3000mhz works with msi b450m-a pro max and ryzen 3 3300x cuz the mobo is DIMM andram is UDIMM will it work ?? Cuz i thing UDIMM is not working with DIMM or is it the same thing?

Jul 2, 2020
Yes, the memory will work. But like others have said, Ryzen really benefits from the fastest memory you can afford. If it means spending an extra $10 or so on a 16GB kit, it may be worth doing it. Maybe something like a 3600 CL16 kit which you can find for around $80. UDIMM in short means Unbuffered. As far as I know, pretty much all standard desktop memory is technically UDIMM NON-ECC, but you could say the generic name for it is just DIMM and thus most manufacturers just use that generic term for it. The other alternative is RDIMM, but that's for a different application, mainly servers/workstations, etc.

The memory you selected should be plug and play. Whether it runs at it's rated speed depends on your specific motherboard but it looks like yours should work fine. You'd just need to turn on A-XMP(OC MODE) which is what MSI calls it, in the bios, and that will either automatically set it to 3000mhz or you'll need to select it manually from a list.

Last edited: