[SOLVED] Does Scythe Fuma 2 leave enough space for RAM?

Wicket Fot

Commendable
Jun 14, 2021
Suppose I want to install Scythe Fuma 2 on a MAG B460M Mortar.
Is there a way to know in advance if the Fuma will leave enough space for RAM?
For instance, for Kingston HyperX Fury HX429C17FB/16 times 2.

I'm choosing components for a new computer, so there are still many moving parts.
I'll probably get:
i7-10700K,
https://www.samsung.com/sg/memory-storage/nvme-ssd/980-500gb-nvme-pcie-gen-3-mz-v8v500bw/ + another, smaller SSD.
I plan to run Linux Mint most of the time.

EDIT: The picture below is reassuring, but it's not the mobo I want to use. Perhaps somebody can tell me which Asus mobo this is and whether it is perhaps a better choice than Mortar?

Fuma-2-Ram.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
Yes.

You need to research all of the available documentation and information that you can find.

Starting with the applicable User Guides/Manuals.

First with respect to the intended host system and secondly with respect to the installation requirements of the Fuma 2.

Make measurements.

Unless you are able to find some explicit confirmation then I would not expect it to fit/work.

Details matter.

= = = =

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Someone else may read your post and, if having done exactly the same cooler installation, may reply accordingly.

Ralston18

Titan
Yes.

You need to research all of the available documentation and information that you can find.

Starting with the applicable User Guides/Manuals.

First with respect to the intended host system and secondly with respect to the installation requirements of the Fuma 2.

Make measurements.

Unless you are able to find some explicit confirmation then I would not expect it to fit/work.

Details matter.

= = = =

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Someone else may read your post and, if having done exactly the same cooler installation, may reply accordingly.

Solution