[SOLVED] Does self disassembly voids warranty?

Apr 7, 2020
When I opened my samsung m20
There is no warranty sticker on any screw then I just disassembled it.
Will my device comes under warranty ?

Solution
It probably depends on your region, but in US we recently passed a 'right to repair' law. Under that, you should be able to disassemble hardware and reassemble it and they have to maintain warranty coverage. What that does is it render meaningless those stickers on screws or other seals that say 'warranty void if tampered with'.

However, if you do anything to damage the hardware or alter it's functioning by way of your disassembly they can then refuse to repair it under warranty, which only covers failure due to manufacturing or design defect not because you broke it.
It probably depends on your region, but in US we recently passed a 'right to repair' law. Under that, you should be able to disassemble hardware and reassemble it and they have to maintain warranty coverage. What that does is it render meaningless those stickers on screws or other seals that say 'warranty void if tampered with'.

However, if you do anything to damage the hardware or alter it's functioning by way of your disassembly they can then refuse to repair it under warranty, which only covers failure due to manufacturing or design defect not because you broke it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS