[SOLVED] Does smart TV cpu (Soc) effects image quality?

farisali

Reputable
Dec 11, 2016
As you read it, does it effect image quality? For example I want to connect my ps4 pro to a 4k smart TV, and we know every smart TV has a cpu(SoC), does this cpu effect image quality.

Sorry for bad english

Solution
Are you sure my friend?

If we were going to relate TV to computer in a simple way to understand is that where a computer is reading code to transform into the video signals we see, a TV would be much more like a "stream" device than that. It takes incoming signal that is essentially already processed and just puts it back together, on screen.

The SOC is more a product of the user interface and for the process behind things like reading off a USB, etc. On older TV you can "see" the effect of the less capable (chip) running the menus and such in a relation of time, and often the complexity of that UI.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Are you sure my friend?

If we were going to relate TV to computer in a simple way to understand is that where a computer is reading code to transform into the video signals we see, a TV would be much more like a "stream" device than that. It takes incoming signal that is essentially already processed and just puts it back together, on screen.

The SOC is more a product of the user interface and for the process behind things like reading off a USB, etc. On older TV you can "see" the effect of the less capable (chip) running the menus and such in a relation of time, and often the complexity of that UI.

Solution