Does someone know the reason of this hole/gap in this PC case?

Solution
Dont think so...It feels like it has a purpose but i just cant seem to find it...But i am 100% sure it has a purpose

Once somebody asked the inventor of the first consumer micro computer, the IMSAI 8088, which used a S-100 BUS, so he wanted to know, why S-100? performance? Master-Slave design? Special features? Inventor said, Nope the army surplus happened to have a bunch of S-100 circuit boards and that's what we used!
Jul 18, 2018

Dont think so...It feels like it has a purpose but i just cant seem to find it...But i am 100% sure it has a purpose

Once somebody asked the inventor of the first consumer micro computer, the IMSAI 8088, which used a S-100 BUS, so he wanted to know, why S-100? performance? Master-Slave design? Special features? Inventor said, Nope the army surplus happened to have a bunch of S-100 circuit boards and that's what we used!

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

Air intake.
The whole front is a slab of plastic. The air for the front fans has to come in somewhere.