[SOLVED] Does specific USB port matter for BIOS flashback

Solution
Your motherboard has a specific port. The USB port at the rear right next to the BIOS flash button is the one. It is hard to read, but it says BIOS vertically. Just looking at the infor on the Gigabyte website.

Some motherboards do, some don't. My own motherboard doesn't have a particular USB port, it just checks all the USB ports for a flash drive with a BIOS image file on it. I know this is true, because I have done BIOS upgrades on my pc.

{GoofyOne's 2c worth}

GoofyOne

Commendable
Apr 4, 2021
Your motherboard has a specific port. The USB port at the rear right next to the BIOS flash button is the one. It is hard to read, but it says BIOS vertically. Just looking at the infor on the Gigabyte website.

Some motherboards do, some don't. My own motherboard doesn't have a particular USB port, it just checks all the USB ports for a flash drive with a BIOS image file on it. I know this is true, because I have done BIOS upgrades on my pc.

{GoofyOne's 2c worth}

Solution
I bought a ryzen 7 5800x, Aorus b550 elite v2 for my new PC build.
I watched this guy (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esNvUVYTmHM&ab_channel=PCBuilder
) to teach me how to bios flashback. He says the motherboards have their special bios flashback USB ports and I need to check the manual for that (at 6:45).
I checked the manual I couldn't find it.
Can someone help, please?
What's your motherboard? I have an MSI and an Asus with flashback and they both have the port clearly marked on the rear IO panel. Check it and see...if not marked clearly you need to first be sure your board has BIOS flashback before assuming it does.

Even if yours is like @GoofyOne 's you need to know where the button is to start the process.

matacar

Reputable
May 4, 2018
What's your motherboard? I have an MSI and an Asus with flashback and they both have the port clearly marked on the rear IO panel. Check it and see...if not marked clearly you need to first be sure your board has BIOS flashback before assuming it does.

Even if yours is like @GoofyOne 's you need to know where the button is to start the process.
The usb port closest to the q flash button has 'bios' written above it. And @GoofyOne also helped me with his first response.

GoofyOne

Commendable
Apr 4, 2021
Sorry I logged out, didn't see your last post until today. Should be fine to follow the instructions in the video, maybe just use the pdf file to see if the video and the printout instructions seem similar.

{GoofyOne}