[SOLVED] Does ssd cache with hdd raid 0 have any noticeable effect on loading time of games?

Flockshot

Reputable
Feb 8, 2016
I will be using 1 ssd for os and apps, and was thinking of getting another as a cache for hdd raid 0, for my games, but will it have any significant difference in load times or map loading?

Solution
Also, a lot of games don't see any real difference front loading off of ssd vs 7200rpm drive.
And since you have raid it would make zero difference whatsoever in those games.

I think if you wanted to see benefit, take a look online at what big titles see real benefits from ssd loading and cross reference with your library, then buy the appropriate sized ssd for those specific games to be installed on directly.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Also, a lot of games don't see any real difference front loading off of ssd vs 7200rpm drive.
And since you have raid it would make zero difference whatsoever in those games.

I think if you wanted to see benefit, take a look online at what big titles see real benefits from ssd loading and cross reference with your library, then buy the appropriate sized ssd for those specific games to be installed on directly.

Solution

rockz3r

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
There is an app called PrimoCache , its free with 60d trial , check for yourself , u can always experiment . Like I am now , make a 60~ gb of cache of my ssd for my hdd. This site has done some benchmarks https://www.wepc.com/tips/ssd-cache/