[SOLVED] Does SSD m.2 B+M Key mean it fits everywhere?

Solution
it can fit, but it doesnt mean it will work, each of them are using different bus
sata, pcie x2, pcie x4
in papers (manuals) for your m2 slot you should have written which bus type it supports

USAFRet

Titan
I have a stack of these b+m key m2 ssds I want to put into a PCI-e 3.0 x16 card: https://shop.westerndigital.com/products/internal-drives/wd-blue-sata-m-2-ssd#WDS250G2B0B

b+m says it is made for maximum compatibility.

Does this mean it fits into three slot types? It fits b-key, m-key, and b+m key slots? So basically it will fit any pcie card of this purpose?
No.
The drive protocol also has to match.

Those are SATA drives. Must go in a SATA M.2 port or adapter.

Xabache

Honorable
Jun 13, 2016
On the PCIe 3.0 x16 adapter card, what drive protocol must all key slots accept then if the m/b/m+b key is so meaningless? I am seeing them and my drives using a number 2280, so if the card accepts this then it will work based on that number or also based on the key too?

USAFRet

Titan
On the PCIe 3.0 x16 adapter card, what drive protocol must all key slots accept then if the m/b/m+b key is so meaningless? I am seeing them and my drives using a number 2280, so if the card accepts this then it will work based on that number or also based on the key too?
M is NVMe
B is SATA

That is the physical slot configuration.

If you're going to buy an adapter, look at the properties of that particular adapter.

And "2280" is just the physical size. 22 mm wide x 80 mm long.