Does the amount of AC on the router effect the Repeater

Jan 22, 2019
I looking forward to buying an repeater for my home so I dont need to use a 30 feet ethernet cable just to have good internet I'm looking forward to buying a repeater and also upgrading my router so I just wonder this question.

Solution
I am going to go on a limb here and believe you mean the wifi speed ? as in AC1750 or AC1200 or AC2600 ?

The answer to that is assuming your router is AC1750 and you get a repeater that is AC750 for example, your router will adjust to match that AC750 speed, but if your repeater is AC1750 and your router is N900 for example, then the repeater will not even use AC1750, because the router isn't able to use it at all. So best try to match router abilities with your repeater abilities the best you can

what is the make and model your Router
Jan 22, 2019
MERGED QUESTION
Question from lazyhead900 : "Does the amount of AC on a router effect an repeater"

I am looking forward in to buying an repeater for my home and also upgrading my router I'm wonder if the amount of AC on my router will do anything special for the repeater.

I am going to go on a limb here and believe you mean the wifi speed ? as in AC1750 or AC1200 or AC2600 ?

The answer to that is assuming your router is AC1750 and you get a repeater that is AC750 for example, your router will adjust to match that AC750 speed, but if your repeater is AC1750 and your router is N900 for example, then the repeater will not even use AC1750, because the router isn't able to use it at all. So best try to match router abilities with your repeater abilities the best you can

what is the make and model your Router

Solution

TRENDING THREADS