[SOLVED] Does the Asrock B450m pro4-f need a bios update for Ryzen 5 1600AF?

SlavfromBulgaria

Commendable
Apr 29, 2020
Hello everyone!
Yesterday was finally the day when I had collected enough money and upgraded my CPU, motherboard and RAM. I'm currently on an old i5-3470, intel H61 LGA 1155 motherboard with 16 GB of 1600MHz RAM.
I decided to go for a Ryzen 5 1600 AF, Asrock B450M Pro4-f and 16GB of 3200MHz Kingston HyperX Fury RAM from a local shop which gave me a very good price for the parts.
The parts are supposed to arrive on Monday and I will go pick them up with a pal and we are going to put everything together. I'm worried that the motherboard could need a BIOS update to work with the 1600AF and as you can see, I don't have any Ryzen CPU's laying around. I don't want to bother my friends too.
So far from what I've read, if the motherboard has a Ryzen 3000 ready sticker on the box I shouldn't be worried, but if it doesn't, I have to make the shop update the BIOS for me. I don't know if they would be willing to, though, since it's not a full PC, but only a CPU, motherboard, RAM combo.
Can anyone tell me if you have got a similar CPU + motherboard combo and if you needed a BIOS update despite the missing sticker? It would be a huge bummer if it doesn't work out of the box, especially because I need the PC daily for online classes.

I'm still going to use my SSD, HDD's, RX 570 4GB and my 750W 80 plus PSU (this PSU was running a GTX 580 for a while, which sucked 250W, without any issues). I don't think I would have any issues with these components along with the new ones.
I'm open and asking for advice if there is anything more I could to. Should I bother doing a fresh Windows 10 installation for the new parts or will it be ok?

Thanks in advance!
Slav.

Solution
Nope,b450 boards support 1st and 2nd gen ryzen out of the box.For third gen u might need a bios update (unless there is a ryzen 3000 series ready sticker on it as u mentioned),but for 1st and 2nd gen,ur all good to go out of the box.

SlavfromBulgaria

Commendable
Apr 29, 2020
Nope,b450 boards support 1st and 2nd gen ryzen out of the box.For third gen u might need a bios update (unless there is a ryzen 3000 series ready sticker on it as u mentioned),but for 1st and 2nd gen,ur all good to go out of the box.
Thank you for the reply!
My friend got the same motherboard back in January and has the ryzen 3000 ready sticker on the box. We both think I should have it too. When they give me the call, I will ask.