Question Does the bios update isn't good for old motherboards?

Waseem.gfx

Commendable
Sep 29, 2019
Hello all,
i have an old motherboard since 2012, the motherboard is msi h61m-p23 b3, it has many problems right now like ram detection problem, boot from ssd problem, and sometimes I get screen freezing.
My question is if I do a bios update, does this help the motherboard to work better?

*Note: MSI recommends updating BIOS with ME8 only if I'm using IvyBridge 22nm CPU and my CPU is i5-2500, and It is not possible to reflash back to ME7 if i already updated to ME8
(Ivy Bridge is the codename for the "third-generation" of the Intel Core processors (Core i7, i5, i3).

Should I do the bios update or not?

Waseem.gfx

Commendable
Sep 29, 2019
Since memtest is free and easy to use I would test it with that first -- your goal is 3-4 complete runs without error. If the memory passes then we'll move on.
Sorry for being late, i did the test and all the 3/4 pass have been completed without errors.
Take a look at the following picture:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nadQ6cLXEPNf9tlAqGQnz_qqvpjAuqha/view?usp=drivesdk

Does this tool test only one ram at a time? because i have 12gb ram, one is G-Skill 8gb and the another is Kingston 4gb (The both have the same frequency). While testing the Kingston ram was always shown in info, I didn't see the G-Skill.
@RealBeast

Last edited: