[SOLVED] Does the CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 RAM work on b450

Sep 2, 2020
Hello, I bought the corsair vengance 3000mhz cl15 ram ( CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 ) although on the website it mentions intel supoprt but not AMD support although people have been buying and using it with Ryzens will it work. I don't care about ocing it to whatever because I heard it was some oc issues but if I buy a b450m with my Ryzen 3600 will it work like can I just use it .

Solution
The Ryzen vs Intel RAM is largely just marketing. RAM is RAM. It being "made" with AMD in mind won't stop an Intel chip from using it and vice versa. It can be that some RAM was just designed/engineered with a chipset in mind, but nothing more than that.

Best place to always look is the RAM manufacturers support list if it has one. But generally, as long as you get the correct type of RAM, at a speed that the MB/CPU supports, and you're not mixing modules from different pack, then you should be fine.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The Ryzen vs Intel RAM is largely just marketing. RAM is RAM. It being "made" with AMD in mind won't stop an Intel chip from using it and vice versa. It can be that some RAM was just designed/engineered with a chipset in mind, but nothing more than that.

Best place to always look is the RAM manufacturers support list if it has one. But generally, as long as you get the correct type of RAM, at a speed that the MB/CPU supports, and you're not mixing modules from different pack, then you should be fine.

Solution
Sep 2, 2020

Ok so I had a pc and it had a 3600 and B450 tomahawk max with it in and it booted although anything past the bios would freeze do you think this is the culprit right now I returned mobo and cpu and the 3600 is back in stock on wednesday and Im just gonna get that one then and see if it was just a mobo or cpu issue.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Ok so I had a pc and it had a 3600 and B450 tomahawk max with it in and it booted although anything past the bios would freeze do you think this is the culprit right now I returned mobo and cpu and the 3600 is back in stock on wednesday and Im just gonna get that one then and see if it was just a mobo or cpu issue.
CPU DOA is rare. Whilst it does happen, CPU is often the last suspect unless it was user damage.

No way of knowing what it was as we don't know anything about the problem, your full system spec, what you had tried, how it froze etc.

Sep 2, 2020
CPU DOA is rare. Whilst it does happen, CPU is often the last suspect unless it was user damage.

No way of knowing what it was as we don't know anything about the problem, your full system spec, what you had tried, how it froze etc.
it was a new build 400w bronze+ psu 3600 and 1660 with the msi b450 tomahawk max and that corsair ram. Everything was fine it turned on and let me go into the bios although if I tried to boot anything it would lock up for example with the windows installer as soon as I selected it in boot manager it would show the logo spinning and freeze. I also tried a live linux island froze with messages saying kernel panic. The other thing I tried was booting from an old windows hard drive and it would bsod saying irql not less or equal.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
it was a new build 400w bronze+ psu 3600 and 1660 with the msi b450 tomahawk max and that corsair ram. Everything was fine it turned on and let me go into the bios although if I tried to boot anything it would lock up for example with the windows installer as soon as I selected it in boot manager it would show the logo spinning and freeze. I also tried a live linux island froze with messages saying kernel panic. The other thing I tried was booting from an old windows hard drive and it would bsod saying irql not less or equal.
Without knowing detail I would sooner suspect the storage drive or RAM. But theoretically it could be any hardware. Testing could potentially find something, but you'd need another working PC to get the software. But even software isn't 100%.

Best way of testing it by replacing and seeing if the issue persists.