Does the Cooler Master TX3I provide better cooling over the stock fan?

gime114

Reputable
Mar 30, 2017
Currently I have an i5-4460 running in my pc, however it does get pretty loud in the case whenever the CPU is maxed out for longer than usual (and while I never measured temps I think it throttles too since the clock falls below the base). I was looking Into cheap CPU coolers and stumbled upon the TX3I, but a lot of forums say that it's barely any improvement. Anyone has any experience with it or know that in my situation it would be a good option? Maybe some other options? I'm not looking Into the 212 Evo, because I don't think I need that beefyness for a non-k proccessor.

Solution
Yes, for sure. Since you don't OC, there's no real need for anything more than the TX3i unless you live in extremely hot climes.

gime114

Reputable
Mar 30, 2017

Thanks for the reply. I got the cooler and my average 100% temps went from 70 to 55. It also runs MUCH quieter than the stock, so it is certainly a great improvement for 25$ (that's how much I paid).

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

It's a good little cooler for the price. I've had a couple, myself. The older TX3 version, that is. Basically the same thing. Allowed me to OC my Phenom II X4 965 BE to 4GHz.