Does the Dell XPS 8500 support mATX/ATX motherboards?

Solution
It will fit just fine.
The only problem you might have is the front panel connectors for power reset,HDD led and power led, some boards are a simi standard and others different. Most OEM cases come with all of the wires in one plug ,while others have separate wires for each one.
You can move the wires aground if they are in the wrong position in a solid mono connector. Tedious bot achievable. Much easier with a pin toolto pry the pin locks in.
It will fit just fine.
The only problem you might have is the front panel connectors for power reset,HDD led and power led, some boards are a simi standard and others different. Most OEM cases come with all of the wires in one plug ,while others have separate wires for each one.
You can move the wires aground if they are in the wrong position in a solid mono connector. Tedious bot achievable. Much easier with a pin toolto pry the pin locks in.

Solution

saas1980

Reputable
May 23, 2015
Thank you and I appreciate the added notes for the case wires. I would have overlooked this concern. I checked the connector its a single connector with all cables tied in. I can manually arrange them correctly if needed but is there a guide which can help identify each cable per colour.

saas1980

Reputable
May 23, 2015

Thank you and I appreciate the added notes for the case wires. I would have overlooked this concern. I checked the connector its a single connector with all cables tied in. I can manually arrange them correctly if needed but is there a guide which can help identify each cable per colour.

saas1980

Reputable
May 23, 2015