Does the Elite Group 945p-a v1.1 support Intel core 2 duo?

catblind

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Elite Group 945p-a v1.1, it says it supports dual core, but it doesn't mention anything about Core 2 Duo. :sweat: Answer please! Thank you for your time.

Solution
Use cpuid to id your motherboard version. You can try the 2160 and if it doesn't work, sell your old board or even try flashing the bios with the version 3.0 update. It's a little risky; I've used the ECS windows flash program successfully, but you have to save both the bios file and windows flash program. I use the documents file to store them. When you download the file, you may have to enter the bios file number when prompted or click on it in the documents file to open it. Then the flashing procedure starts, or the bios file will refuse to load with your board if it's an older version.
Use cpuid to id your motherboard version. You can try the 2160 and if it doesn't work, sell your old board or even try flashing the bios with the version 3.0 update. It's a little risky; I've used the ECS windows flash program successfully, but you have to save both the bios file and windows flash program. I use the documents file to store them. When you download the file, you may have to enter the bios file number when prompted or click on it in the documents file to open it. Then the flashing procedure starts, or the bios file will refuse to load with your board if it's an older version.

Solution

catblind

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
o1die
huge thanks for pointing out that bios update. I'm confident my mobo is a v1.1; it's listed as so on the box and printed on the physical mobo itself. CPU-Z confirms it as version 1.X

I'm not sure if there;s any way to confirm whether the BIOS update will accept or reject my setup without attempting to flash. The update files list as "BIOS for 945P-A (PCB:3.X)" AFUWIN does list my system information and selects the ROM file with no problem. Do you think flashing, if necessary, will follow through?