Does the gtx 1060 3gb bottleneck the i5-8400 too much

dafko_m

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
Im very sad that I could not get the 6gb version(especially because its cheaper than the 3gb version in my country)but because I live in Europe I would get taxed at customs if I buy from Amazon so I really need to know like how much does it bottleneck it like 5 fps or 10?Im also using 8gb and from what I know the more ram you have the bottlenecks is less so is that true?

Solution
There is no future proofing any of this tech stuff. The best future proofing is money in your pocket. Because stuff gets more powerful. faster, more energy efficient, and cheaper at the same time. So you just need to know what your needs/requirements really are and ideally spend the least amount of money to achieve that.

dafko_m

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017

I know that the i5-8400 is fast enough to keep up my question is:is the gtx 1060 fast enough to keep up with the i5-8400 (because it bottlenecks)and for how long because honestly I thonk that the i5-8400 is more future proof than the gtx 10603gb.

nobspls

Reputable
Mar 14, 2018
There is no future proofing any of this tech stuff. The best future proofing is money in your pocket. Because stuff gets more powerful. faster, more energy efficient, and cheaper at the same time. So you just need to know what your needs/requirements really are and ideally spend the least amount of money to achieve that.

Solution