Does the i3 support 2 monitors

Chiciudean_1

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017
I was wondering if having 2 monitors on a i3 7100 will work i mean if i play cs go and for ex go on Twitter with the other one will it have lag or some idk

Solution
While the integrated GPU on the i3-7100 will easily handle 2 (or 3 for that matter) monitors, it will depend on how many video output connections are on your motherboard. Most come with two, but some (especially prebuilt models like Dell and HP) have only one video out port.

If there's only one video out, you can only connect one monitor. The exception is DisplayPort, which allows you to daisychain DP monitors. That is, you connect the computer to the first DP monitor, and can plug the second DP monitor into the first monitor.

Some low-end integrated GPUs have problems playing games and videos simultaneously. If you have a game playing on one monitor, the video on the other monitor will lag and stutter.

grmnlxndr

Honorable
May 17, 2012
All modern PC supports at least 2 monitors. If you don't do any graphics intensive processing in the other monitor when gaming, you will have almost no performance hit. But as Supahos said, perhaps you should get a GPU in order to improve the fps in all games.

Best regards

While the integrated GPU on the i3-7100 will easily handle 2 (or 3 for that matter) monitors, it will depend on how many video output connections are on your motherboard. Most come with two, but some (especially prebuilt models like Dell and HP) have only one video out port.

If there's only one video out, you can only connect one monitor. The exception is DisplayPort, which allows you to daisychain DP monitors. That is, you connect the computer to the first DP monitor, and can plug the second DP monitor into the first monitor.

Some low-end integrated GPUs have problems playing games and videos simultaneously. If you have a game playing on one monitor, the video on the other monitor will lag and stutter.

Solution