[SOLVED] Does the i5 9400f have pins on the cpu or motherboard...

Sep 27, 2020
Does the i5 9400f have pins on the cpu or the motherboard

question 2: also im going to change the thermal paste on the i5 9400f cooler should i stick with it or change if yes which thermal paste is the best i heard the Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut and the ARCTIC MX-4 is good which one and how do u put on thermal paste amount?
please help first build..

Solution

question 2: also im going to change the thermal paste on the i5 9400f cooler should i stick with it or change if yes which thermal paste is the best i heard the Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut and the ARCTIC MX-4 is good which one and how do u put on thermal paste amount?
1.I5 9400f has pins on mobo.
2.Most of the coolers comes with pre-applied thermal compound and you don't need to change it however if in future you think to apply thermal paste the most basic way to apply it is of a pea size on the Cpu however there are many ways to do it.

1.I5 9400f has pins on mobo.
2.Most of the coolers comes with pre-applied thermal compound and you don't need to change it however if in future you think to apply thermal paste the most basic way to apply it is of a pea size on the Cpu however there are many ways to do it.

Solution

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
i5-9400f.jpg

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut is slightly better than MX 4 but unless your running a chip that is getting heavily overclocked your not going to see a difference 🤷‍♂️

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
so i5 9400f has no pins at all so is it safer to put in than ryzen
It's not that hard, either way, to be honest. It's just as easy to mess up the pins on the CPU or the motherboard if you try to force things or attempt to put the CPU in wrong. The benefit of not having pins on the CPU is you can handle it a little rougher without having to worry about breaking the credit card out to straighten the pins back up.