does the i990 print on cds?

information

do a google search or go to the canon website

"Colin Bean" <colinbean5@aol.com> wrote in message
: can anybody tell me if this does or not?
:
:

information

in another newsgroup, I think there was a discussion about legal limitation
in the US with printing cd labels

The issues is the same for the Canon models i960 ( US and I think Canada )
and i965 ( in Europe) The i965 has the cd tray printer and the US i960
does not. I also believe that Canon USA will NOT sell the tray and I think
the distributors in the Europe will not ship to the US due to the legal
issue.

Sounds silly and limiting but by definition that is how lawyers
redistribute wealth >>>>>> from someone's else pocket to their own.

"Colin Bean" <colinbean5@aol.com> wrote in message
:
: "Information" <azhotmail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
: news:eek:oyjc.3876$6L3.2014@fed1read05...
: > do a google search or go to the canon website
: >
:
: looking at the cannon website it looks as if it does not as standard
though
: on this site
: http://www.pixmania.com/uk/uk/canon/printer_i990/38379/fiche.html
: under the included accessories it states CD print kit.
:
: so im a little confused
:
:

Was going to ask this question but you answered it, thanks, but, wonder if a person
could order an i865 from europe?? or if a person coming back from holidays brought
one in, I wonder if the Kustoms would seize it. Don't forget we pay a levy on each CD
in Kanada, so therefore we are paying for the privledge to copy what we want onto
them, thus the ruling by the courts that downloaders of music in Kanada was legal........

Information wrote:
> in another newsgroup, I think there was a discussion about legal limitation
> in the US with printing cd labels
>
> The issues is the same for the Canon models i960 ( US and I think Canada )
> and i965 ( in Europe) The i965 has the cd tray printer and the US i960
> does not. I also believe that Canon USA will NOT sell the tray and I think
> the distributors in the Europe will not ship to the US due to the legal
> issue.
>

> Sounds silly and limiting but by definition that is how lawyers
> redistribute wealth >>>>>> from someone's else pocket to their own.
>

> "Colin Bean" <colinbean5@aol.com> wrote in message
> :
> : "Information" <azhotmail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> : news:eek:oyjc.3876$6L3.2014@fed1read05...
> : > do a google search or go to the canon website
> : >
> :
> : looking at the cannon website it looks as if it does not as standard
> though
> : on this site
> : http://www.pixmania.com/uk/uk/canon/printer_i990/38379/fiche.html
> : under the included accessories it states CD print kit.
> :
> : so im a little confused
> :
> :

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a friend here in Canada who has a Canon which does print
directly on CDs. You have to buy special ones but they look great.
Unfortunately I can't remember the model number but he bought it here
in Toronto.

Rob

Stuuder <pacerman@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Was going to ask this question but you answered it, thanks, but, wonder if a person
>could order an i865 from europe?? or if a person coming back from holidays brought
>one in, I wonder if the Kustoms would seize it. Don't forget we pay a levy on each CD
>in Kanada, so therefore we are paying for the privledge to copy what we want onto
>them, thus the ruling by the courts that downloaders of music in Kanada was legal........
>
>Information wrote:
>> in another newsgroup, I think there was a discussion about legal limitation
>> in the US with printing cd labels
>>
>> The issues is the same for the Canon models i960 ( US and I think Canada )
>> and i965 ( in Europe) The i965 has the cd tray printer and the US i960
>> does not. I also believe that Canon USA will NOT sell the tray and I think
>> the distributors in the Europe will not ship to the US due to the legal
>> issue.
>>

>> Sounds silly and limiting but by definition that is how lawyers
>> redistribute wealth >>>>>> from someone's else pocket to their own.
>>

>> "Colin Bean" <colinbean5@aol.com> wrote in message
>> :
>> : "Information" <azhotmail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> : news:eek:oyjc.3876$6L3.2014@fed1read05...
>> : > do a google search or go to the canon website
>> : >
>> :
>> : looking at the cannon website it looks as if it does not as standard
>> though
>> : on this site
>> : http://www.pixmania.com/uk/uk/canon/printer_i990/38379/fiche.html
>> : under the included accessories it states CD print kit.
>> :
>> : so im a little confused
>> :
>> :