[SOLVED] Does the MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX II fit/work in a Alienware Aurora R6

Jun 4, 2021
Got the PC a few years ago with stock parts,

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

CPU: Currently an Intel Core i7 7700 (got a new CPU which is an AMD Ryzen 9 3900x which I want to put in)

Stock MOBO which I THINK is an Alienware 07HV66

16 gigs of RAM
and that's all I know lol

The reason is that the new CPU requires a new MOBO so I just wanna know if the Tomahawk is compatible with the Aurora R6.

Solution
I am surprised, but yes, it appears to be a standard Micro ATX motherboard. 24-pin ATX even. Standard USB and fan headers, even a FP audio connector.

It looks like the rear I/O shield may come out, and there seems to be a standard opening. Front I/O might be problematic, can't actually see it on the board anywhere. Might be that fancy LED thingy at the bottom, which I'm sure handles the glowy effect. Might not be able to get that working.

On the other hand, a new PSU and Chassis and you can ditch the alienware chassis entirely and sell it off.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I am surprised, but yes, it appears to be a standard Micro ATX motherboard. 24-pin ATX even. Standard USB and fan headers, even a FP audio connector.

It looks like the rear I/O shield may come out, and there seems to be a standard opening. Front I/O might be problematic, can't actually see it on the board anywhere. Might be that fancy LED thingy at the bottom, which I'm sure handles the glowy effect. Might not be able to get that working.

On the other hand, a new PSU and Chassis and you can ditch the alienware chassis entirely and sell it off.

Solution