Question Does the MSI B450M PRO-M2 V2 AM4 Motherboard supports the Ryzen 3600 cpu *without* BIOS update?

miker2808

Honorable
Aug 23, 2016
Basically the title..
I wanted to buy a ryzen 5 3600 and a budget MB (Cuz i'm poor ya know), now from the site it says that the V2 version (MSI B450M PRO-M2 V2 AM4 ) does support gen3, but at the store, the guy said it supports only with a bios update.. and I got confused and really need some third party to tell me.
I mean, apparently I can get a bios update from them without price, but it'll take them a week.. and you know us guys computer fans.. no patience..
so.. could you tell me does it require a bios update afterall?

Thanks in advance

Basically the title..
I wanted to buy a ryzen 5 3600 and a budget MB (Cuz i'm poor ya know), now from the site it says that the V2 version (MSI B450M PRO-M2 V2 AM4 ) does support gen3, but at the store, the guy said it supports only with a bios update.. and I got confused and really need some third party to tell me.
I mean, apparently I can get a bios update from them without price, but it'll take them a week.. and you know us guys computer fans.. no patience..
so.. could you tell me does it require a bios update afterall?

Thanks in advance
If it's a MAX board... it's complete name would be B450M Pro-M2 MAX... it definitely would support Ryzen 3000 out of box since that's why MSI released the MAX line.

But many vendors will update BIOS of older boards so they can clear stock so it's possible yours did that. It should have a Ryzen 3000 Ready sticker on it, if it doesn't have him update BIOS before you take it. That's not what the V2 means.

Last edited:
Reactions: miker2808

TRENDING THREADS