Question Does the MSI motherboard RGB software work if a rgb splitter cable is used?

Armaan199

BANNED
May 15, 2019
My MoBo (MSI Z370 pc PRO) has only one 12v rgb header and 4 PWM case fan headers along with a cpu fan and a pump fan header. My case has 4 led fans preinstalled (not rgb just red led) which i have connected to the 4 fan headers on the MoBo. i have connected Cooler master hyper 410 cpu cooler with the cpu fan header. Then i connected an extra RGB case fan (Antec Prism 120) on the pump fan header. and its rgb cable with the only rgb header i had. The fan's led now syncs with my motherboard's rgb lights that can be controlled by MSI mystic light.
Now the problem part. I have also got a 12v 5050 rgb led strip which is controllable by the MSI mystic sync app too. If i connect it to RGB header then I will lose the rgb part of the fan. Can i use both in some way.
The motherboard supports upto 2-3 Amp current. and ofcource is 12v.
IF i use a RGB splitter cable , will i still be able to control them both with the MSI mystic light app.
IF not, what measures can i take?
I'm sorry if i sound childish, this is my first PC build.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
I don't have an MSI MB but I do have an RGB splitter connecting 2 LED strips (daisy chained) and an RGB fan and I use Asus Aura to control them and it isn't an issue.
I don't see any reason why the MSI software couldn't do it too.

Last edited:

Armaan199

BANNED
May 15, 2019
OK! thanks for helping.
I'm ordering cooler master rgb splitter cable.
can you also recommend a rgb strip with mystic light sync for the 3rd header of the splitter..