Question Does the new PSU suffice?

May 17, 2019
G'day,

is a be quiet! STRAIGHT POWER 11 ATX 750W enough to power a rig with the following specs on medium-high stress?

CPU: Intel Core i7-4820K @3900GHZ
GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G
RAM: 6x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4
1x HDD 2TB; 1x SSD 512GB Samsung 850 PRO; 1x SSD 128GB Samsung 840 PRO
Corsair H100i Water cooling
3x 12V Corsair Fan

The old Corsair 650 Watt isnt cutting it anymore unfortunately.

Thanks in advance

WildCard999

Titan
Cheers, been getting a lot of apparent power problems with the new GPU though, hope a new PSU fixes that...
Would be a shame if it was the GPU which is at fault.
If it was a older, not really good quality, Corsair PSU then it may of been the problem but if you do have continued issues after putting in the new PSU then I'd suspect the GPU. Hopefully it doesn't happen.

When your talking about stressing the system you mean gaming right? Under normal gaming loads or even benchmarks such as Heaven you shouldn't have problems.

May 17, 2019
If it was a older, not really good quality, Corsair PSU then it may of been the problem but if you do have continued issues after putting in the new PSU then I'd suspect the GPU. Hopefully it doesn't happen.

When your talking about stressing the system you mean gaming right? Under normal gaming loads or even benchmarks such as Heaven you shouldn't have problems.

Problems occur randomly unfortunately, while gaming, surfing, streaming, whatever.
Havent found any way to reproduce them either.
Im lost.

WildCard999

Titan
Screen on both monitors goes black, i can still hear audio though, have the hard reset.
No error message, blue screen etc, boots up smoothly afterwards.
I would make sure the cables from the monitors to the PC are snug as well as the power cables for the monitors.

If this issue occurs post new PSU then I would revert any manual overclocks (CPU/GPU/RAM) back to stock until this is resolved.

May 17, 2019
I would make sure the cables from the monitors to the PC are snug as well as the power cables for the monitors.

If this issue occurs post new PSU then I would revert any manual overclocks (CPU/GPU/RAM) back to stock until this is resolved.

Thanks, will try that.
Im hoping to test the GPU at a friends rig tomorrow, also PSU arrives tomorrow so I'll keep this updated if I remember ;D

May 17, 2019
Hey, quick update.
Just got done installing the new PSU, 20 minutes into light to medium usage it happened again.
Was running a gtx1070 before on the old PSU, had it happen under medium stress.
Wonder if I should just send back the new PSU and look on from there.

WildCard999

Titan
If these crashes were happening on the previous GPU then it may be something else. I would monitor you CPU/GPU temps to make sure it isn't heat causing these crashes.
https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Also if you haven't yet, revert all manual overclocks back to stock. Then I would turn off the system and go through all your cables to make sure everything is plugged in correctly and not overlooked such as the 8-pin CPU connector on the motherboard (typically in top left corner). Make sure the GPU is properly seated and the connections are snug on it.

vlfEwxT.png

Post crash I would check the Windows event viewer to see if there's any crash info that could help determine what exactly is causing this. If the old Corsair was low quality then I'd still keep the Be Quiet PSU.