[SOLVED] Does the new Z490 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3 support 8-Channel 7.1 Analog Surround Sound audio?

Jul 5, 2020
I am considering the new Z490 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3 for several reasons, but what's pushing me toward it is its claim to support 7.1 Surround Sound.

Granted the advertised Nahimic Audio codec makes this a virtual experience when using headphones,
but I'm wanting to use four 3.5mm audio ports from the Rear I/O to connect to a sound amplifier system I've made (with Ground Loop Isolators for feedback noise) for an Analog Surround Sound output.

Does this motherboard support 8-Channel (7.1) Surround Sound via the Rear I/O, or does it only support as many as 6-channel (5.1)?

From what I was able to find in the Manual, indicates that it does; Can anyone speak to this with experience or in any other way verify this? If so, what was your experience with the GUI (probably Realtek) and setting up the Channels? Was there any calibration mode with a microphone?

Side-Query: Correct me if I'm wrong but I suspect this board supports RAID 0 booting for the Two M.2 slots, but may need some drivers during the installation like my GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 did.

Thanks in advance!

=P.

Solution
I am considering the new Z490 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3 for several reasons, but what's pushing me toward it is its claim to support 7.1 Surround Sound.

Granted the advertised Nahimic Audio codec makes this a virtual experience when using headphones,
but I'm wanting to use four 3.5mm audio ports from the Rear I/O to connect to a sound amplifier system I've made (with Ground Loop Isolators for feedback noise) for an Analog Surround Sound output.

Does this motherboard support 8-Channel (7.1) Surround Sound via the Rear I/O, or does it only support as many as 6-channel (5.1)?

From what I was able to find in the Manual, indicates that it does; Can anyone speak to this with experience or in any other way verify this? If so, what...

From what I was able to find in the Manual, indicates that it does; Can anyone speak to this with experience or in any other way verify this? If so, what was your experience with the GUI (probably Realtek) and setting up the Channels? Was there any calibration mode with a microphone?

Side-Query: Correct me if I'm wrong but I suspect this board supports RAID 0 booting for the Two M.2 slots, but may need some drivers during the installation like my GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 did.

Thanks in advance!

=P.
https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z490 Phantom Gaming-ITXTB3/index.asp
7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec), Nahimic Audio

Solution