Does the quality of my panel affect how in-game objects like trees look?

Osama_Ben_Ladin

Prominent
Jun 20, 2017
Hey Guys,

So I recently bought Ghost Recon Wildlands and was, therefore, playing it on my [censored] poor (Very) 1080p TN panel/TV. I noticed even on the Ultra preset the trees looked absolutely appalling (as it does on many other games). So I went on my MacBook Pro (2560x1600 IPS) and watched a 1080p video of Ghost Recon Wildlands. The trees looked fantastic as I expected from such a new game. So I started to wonder is the quality of my 1080p panel just terrible, and if I upgraded to a higher quality TN 1080p MONITOR (An ASUS VG245H is what I was planning on getting) the trees would look like they did on my Mac. I also thought, being a higher resolution, YouTube would somehow upscale the 1080p video to match the resolution of my Mac and creating the tree quality I was after. But I though YouTube was meant to decrease the video quality from the original video for compression. Do I have an issue with trees, or is it something to do with the two resolutions? This may affect my purchase of my next monitor.

Thanks

Solution
Personally I believe the fact your case is astonishingly boring makes the trees have 'treeizures' which is why your trees aren't very good resolution. Therefore my solution is to get an interesting case for your pc and then try it out.

Hope I can help, Steve

Benisboring

Prominent
Jun 20, 2017
Personally I believe the fact your case is astonishingly boring makes the trees have 'treeizures' which is why your trees aren't very good resolution. Therefore my solution is to get an interesting case for your pc and then try it out.

Hope I can help, Steve

Solution

TRENDING THREADS