[SOLVED] Does the RTX 2060 need a PCIX16 line?

naftiacore

Commendable
Sep 4, 2018
Hi, I have a ASUS X570-e MOBO, with two gen 3 nvme drive, and a Gigabyte 2060 Gaming OC PRO card. I'm using it in the second PCI slot, because that how it looks cool tbh cause of my giant DRP4. I was wondering if it matters if it's running x8 mode instead of x16? My MOBO warns me about it, but I don't know if it can even utilize the x8 line. Which app, test would show me how my bandwidth does my card use?

Solution
I’d try 3D mark, there is a free basic version but often the advanced version is on sale and it’s probably worth it for testing your system. Some games have their own benchmarks built in so try these if you have some. You could also try Heaven benchmark, that has a free edition.

naftiacore

Commendable
Sep 4, 2018
oh wow, didn't think about the easiest solution. But if anyone knows which test should I run and what to look at, that would be great (maybe than I wouldn't have to swap it)

I’d try 3D mark, there is a free basic version but often the advanced version is on sale and it’s probably worth it for testing your system. Some games have their own benchmarks built in so try these if you have some. You could also try Heaven benchmark, that has a free edition.

Solution