Does the RX 480 manufacturer matter

Zachary_8

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
I am considering buying an rx 480 when they come out so I looked at newegg and saw that there were many manufacturers of the card. (eg MSI Gigabyte XFX) However all of the cards seemed to have a reference cooler and design. So my question is does the manufacturer in this case matter? If so which one should I purchase given that I will be using it for gaming and will want to overclock it? Also will the prices vary between manufacturers? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Solution
The reference cards should all be made by AMD authorized factories/partners(I am not even sure how many AMD has). They will be the same.

I would go with whoever offers a better warranty or offers a warranty that is more easy to claim. Some companies may not have a RMA office in the same country and that can suck since shipping a card for RMA may be your responsibility.
The reference cards should all be made by AMD authorized factories/partners(I am not even sure how many AMD has). They will be the same.

I would go with whoever offers a better warranty or offers a warranty that is more easy to claim. Some companies may not have a RMA office in the same country and that can suck since shipping a card for RMA may be your responsibility.

Solution
For the reference cards they just slap a name on the cards that are already made(sticker here and there.).

In a short time you will start to see custom boards with custom coolers. Those are going to be the ones that you will have to keep an eye on for differences.

TRENDING THREADS