[SOLVED] Does the Ryzen 5 3600 stock cooler fit?

Threepexx

Honorable
Nov 27, 2016
I'm about to buy a ryzen 5 3600 and use its stock cooler for cooling. So I'm wondering if the stock cooler for 5 3600 fits the motherboard Gigabyte X570 I AORUS. The motherboard is in a mini-itx form factor.

By researching it a always stumble upon a dude saying its not fitting, so I want a clear answer before buying it :)

Solution
I'm about to buy a ryzen 5 3600 and use its stock cooler for cooling. So I'm wondering if the stock cooler for 5 3600 fits the motherboard Gigabyte X570 I AORUS. The motherboard is in a mini-itx form factor.

By researching it a always stumble upon a dude saying its not fitting, so I want a clear answer before buying it :)

AMD & Intel typically releases an engineering guideline specification which outlines the general "Do not place components here" to motherboard OEMs. If the posters stock cooler does not fit, (s)he's likely using memory which does not conform to memory sizing standards (ie: Extra tall for RGB or heatsinks)

Case clearance is a bigger issue. There's only one of two mITX cases that I know of that don't take...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Yes it fits, the CPU and cooler share the same socket.
The motherboard socket is technically used to dictate both CPU and Cooler support, just the socket is not the ONLY thing that dictates CPU support.

But ultimately it's an AM4 CPU, with an AM4 motherboard. Which means it's fine.

AMD & Intel typically releases an engineering guideline specification which outlines the general "Do not place components here" to motherboard OEMs. If the posters stock cooler does not fit, (s)he's likely using memory which does not conform to memory sizing standards (ie: Extra tall for RGB or heatsinks)

Case clearance is a bigger issue. There's only one of two mITX cases that I know of that don't take the stock cooler. And they are really freaking slim. As always check the case vendor specs for cooler clearance.

The height of the wraith stealth is 62 mm with the fan.

Solution

Threepexx

Honorable
Nov 27, 2016

Case clearance is a bigger issue. There's only one of two mITX cases that I know of that don't take the stock cooler. And they are really freaking slim. As always check the case vendor specs for cooler clearance.

The height of the wraith stealth is 62 mm with the fan.

My tower is the node 304

TRENDING THREADS