Does the Silverstone Strider Essential Series 400W PSU fit my computer?

blackogen

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014
Hello!

I'm looking to upgrade my PSU and I've found the Silverstone Strider Essential Series 400W PSU. It is used but in 'perfect' condition (according to the seller) and is going for S$30 (that's about US$22). The model in specific is SST-ST40F-ES.

For now, it's either this or nothing, so I will not need any recommendations of other PSUs. Just need to know if this Silverstone model will work for me. Here are my system specifications:

Processor: Intel Pentium CPU G2030 @ 3.00 Ghz
RAM: 8.00 GB
GPU: HD 7700 Series (1 GB)
Motherboard: ECS H61H2-MV
Operating System: Windows 10 Home Single Language, 64-bit

Is there anything that I have to take note of/consider before I buy the Silverstone PSU? Also, would it be difficult to install a new PSU? Looking forward to your answers, thank you very much!

Solution
Well the 7750 will work on this PSU as it requires 350W and no external power connectors, as far as the case, can't find it but as long as it is a mid tower the PSU will fit. Still I would measure the case and the psu afterwards.

blackogen

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014

Hi Gingerbread,

My computer was pre-built, the case is a PLUTO OPTIMAX Series Model DMP. Pluto is the name of the company which built my computer. As for my GPU, I believe it's a 7750.

blackogen

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014

So will the PSU really put out close to 400W or is it some generic brand that puts out way less than what they label?